D C DowDell is a dynamic Jazz pianist/composer available for private Jazz piano lessons, workshops and clinics, recording and live performance with his Jazz ensemble or as a solo artist. D C has appeared with Bobby Vinton, Marilyn McCoo and Rosemary Clooney just to name a few. Influenced by Jazz greats such as Bill Evans, Keith Jarrett, Kenny Baron and Herbie Hancock, D C's style and piano technique blends the fine inner voicings of modal with the highly energetic impressions of the avante garde.
D C's passion for Jazz has also led to composing and arranging charts for top vocalists, solo instrumental artists and orchestra with influences from Gil Evans, Bob Florence and George Russell.
Born in Southern California, D C DowDell studied Music Education at UCLA and earned Masters of Music Composition at UNT. In 1993 the first publishing of Basic Musicianship was released, a primary music reference and theory text written by D C DowDell, which is currently sold online.
D C DowDell currently lives Ocean Beach, California where he appears locally with Jazz ensemble and teaches Jazz theory and composition at A Passion for Jazz! Music Studios.
• Yamaha YSS-62 purple label Bb soprano saxophone w/ Selmer Paris Super Session (J) MP
• Allora Vienna Eb sopranino saxophone w/ Selmer Paris S-80 (F) MP
• Buffet Tosca Bb soprano clarinet w/ Pyne Bel Canto (M) MP
• Gemeinhardt 33SSB C soprano open-holed solid silver flute w/ K1 headjoint
• Yamaha C-6 6'11" acoustic concert grand piano
• Yamaha P-90 88 key digital pro stage piano
• Martin Sigma FDM-1 6 string acoustic guitar
• Roland XV-5050 rack mount synth module
• DSP 256XL rack mount multi-effects processor
• Roland 550 stereo keyboard amps (x2)
• Pro Tools 10 HD DAW w/JACK for Linux
• Various mics & other recording gear & software.