Willing to teach
Beginner to advanced
COLLEGE TEACHING EXPERIENCE
• Fundamentals of Music Theory. Teaching Fellowship: Music
Theory Department, New England Conservatory of Music. Fall
• Keyboard II and III (Labs of Tonal Practice II and III).
Music Theory Deparment, NEC. Spring 2008.
• Teaching Assistant to Allan Chase. Jazz Styles: 1917-1955.
NEC. Spring 2008.
• Teaching Assistant to Katarina Markovic-Stokes.
Expressionism in Music.
NEC. Spring 2006.
• Non-Majors’ Jazz Ensemble. Teaching Fellowship: Jazz
Studies Department, New England Conservatory. Fall 2006
through Spring 2008.
• Jazz Combo #3. San Diego State University. Fall 2004.
OTHER CLASSROOM TEACHING EXPERIENCE
• Full-Time Band Director for the Paul Effman Music Service.
Fall 2010-Spring 2011. Taught beginning band instrument
classes at eight private schools in the San Diego area.
• Assistant Beginning Music Teacher at Bertrand’s Music (San
Diego, CA). June 2004 through August 2004. 5th grade classes
(2-30 students each). Beginning clarinet, flute, saxophone,
trumpet, trombone, and violin.
PRIVATE INSTRUCTION AND SECTION-COACHING EXPERIENCE
Approximately 15 years of private studio instruction
Lessons given: beginning clarinet, recorder, trumpet,
saxophone, classical piano, flute, jazz improvisation, rock
drumset, jazz drumset, snare drum fundamentals, and jazz
piano; advanced clarinet, saxophone, jazz improvisation,
jazz theory, jazz piano comping, big band interpretation,
and jazz composition/arranging.