Marco Oppedisano is an American guitarist, recording artist and composer whose compositions focus on the innovative use of electric guitar in the genre of electroacoustic music. Since 1999, his compositions have utilized multitrack recording and extended performance techniques for electric guitar and bass. In addition to musique concrète, recent compositions by Oppedisano also consist of live electric guitar in combination with a fixed playback of various electronic, acoustic (specifically female voice courtesy of his wife, Kimberly Fiedelman) and sampled sounds.
Take Five With...
Read more articles
“...mindbending music for guitar and electronics...hear Oppedisano’s intricate roar.” (Time Out New York)
“...for those unafraid of seeing the world through a distorted mirror, they make for some of the most willfully unaccommodating and hauntingly intense music out there at the moment.” (Tobias Fischer - Tokafi)
....[Mechanical Uprising] is an important work, a singularity, and a tool through which others may come to understand the architecture of such musics more fully... (Mark S. Tucker - FAME)
“....[The Ominous Corner] Somewhat bombastic, but extremely accurate and often simply stunning music that didn’t succeed in boring me, which given a typically difficult acceptance of axe-indulging paradoxes equals success.” (Massimo Ricci - Temporary Fault)
Willing to teach
Advanced students only.
I am located in Sunnyside, Queens - 15 minutes away from midtown Manhattan by 7 train. Will also travel to you. Please email me for rates, schedule and various other information:
- 26 years playing experience with almost 20 years teaching guitar and music
- Studied classical guitar with Michael Cedric Smith for 2 years as an undergraduate
- MA in Music Composition from the Queens College Aaron Copland School of Music
- Guest lecturer at the NYU Summer Guitar Intensive Workshop and the Queens College Composer Workshop.
- Experience as a conductor with strong ensemble and band skills
- Substantial performance and recording experience in music ranging from contemporary classical, rock, blues/jazz, hip-hop, musical theater, film music, orchestral music, electronic and electroacoustic music, and free improvisation