Flutist, Improvisor, Composer
Mark Lotz is more than just a big voice in the European jazz scene. He is at the forefront of jazz, classical and World Music and is obviously enjoying every minute of it! (Tomas Pena, Jazz.com & Latin Jazz Network)
Creates a surprising vision on flute which is inventive and strong. Broadly informed, original, with a refined technique, matched with a fluid virtuoso form of performance. Though interacting in a vast variety of settings he never ceases to be profoundly affirmative of his language. As soloist featured on more than 40 CD releases. With ‘Lotz Of Music’ he builds an bridge between jazz with contemporary music. Other ensembles often cross borders with other music cultures of the world. His appetite for musical adventures takes him all over the globe. Here ears are wide open.
Take Five With...
Read more articles
- Unprecedented phenomenon in the Dutch impro-scene.
- Ambitious composer of unique contexts. (Cadence Magazine, USA)
- Errant jazz man (Global Rhythm, USA)
- Lotz opens a view into the jazz of the future. (Nieuwsblad v/h Noorden,
- Mark Alban Lotz - a German-Dutch genius and flute master. (Jazz,
- Prolific virtuoso. (FLY Magazine, UK)
- Lord Of The Flutes. (Sapsite Utrecht NL)
- A big voice in the European Jazz scene. (La Traversiere, France)
- Legend on different flutes (Africa News, USA)
- Combining smart and funky contempo jazz with Afro-Cuban ritual music
is always a good idea but it doesn't always work
Willing to teach
Advanced students only.
Teaches flute at the Utrecht Conservatory HKU The Netherlands