The Missourians - orchestra/ensemble
This midwest band, greatly influenced by Benny Moten's orchestra, began life as Wilson Robinson's Syncopators in the early 1920s. In 1923, they were called 'Wilson Robinson's Bostonians', In 1925, this was the same group that became the house band at New York City's Cotton Club, where they replaced Fletcher Henderson's Orchestra, who was the first band to play in New York City's renovated and renamed Cotton Club.
When Henderson left, the Missourians moved in, but under the name of Andy Preer and The Cotton Club Orchestra. In 1926, the band had such sidemen as: Andy Brown (Sax); DePriest Wheeler (trombone); Roger Q. Dickerson (trumpet), Bill Blue (William Thornton Blue) Reeds, and Leroy Maxey on drums.