Fraize's commanding tenor tears it up... and what a sense of
- Dr.Herb Wong, Past-President International Association of
The players' concise solos don't wear out their welcome...
and their lines are sharp without being overbearing.
This buoyant record is equally suitable for solo listening,
propping up a party, or shaking your booty.
- Mark Osteen, Baltimore jazz Alliance (review of Organic
Fraize's unpretentious, strong-toned, fluid sound exudes
traces of prime Sonny Rollins, taken to a slightly freer zone.
Peter Fraize is a tenor saxophonist to watch.
- Steven Loewy, Cadence Magazine (review of Third
[Fraize] weilds his tenor with considerable authority, whether
casually playing over a swing pulse or punctuating the noirish
Union Blues with an urgent cry.
- Mike Joyce, the Washington Post (review of Third Attention)
...the music is consistently fresh and inspired by Fraize's
colorful writing and the improvisatory bent he shares with his
- Mike Joyce, Jazz Times (review of You St.)
As a soloist..