Tineke graduated at the Sweelinck Conservatory in Amsterdam in 1990, having studied with István Párkányi. The year before she took part in the autumn and spring courses at the Banff Centre for the Arts in Canada. Since then she has been working on a free-lance basis with the orchestras and ensembles listed below. In 2009 she released her first cd Midday Moon together with jazz musicians Albert van Veenendaal (piano), Hans Hasebos (marimba) and Alan Purves (percussion).
“Albert and I started playing together regularly from February 2006 to explore a mix between two worlds; a classical violinist inspired by jazz standards, and an improvising pianist without style boundaries. Alan and Hans joined us later, adding their own unique styles of improvisation.” (Tineke de Jong)
* Rotterdams Philharmonisch Orkest
* Koninklijk Concertgebouworkest
* Nederlands Philharmonisch Orkest
* Radio Kamerorkest
* ASKO/Schönberg Ensemble
* Mondriaan Kwartet Extended
* Ebony Band
* Amsterdamse Bach Solisten
* Combattimento Consort Amsterdam
* European Union Chamber Orchestra
* The Beau Hunks
* Scapino Ballet Rotterdam (Nico, Perfect Skin, and Die Suche nach dem Kleid in the production Heartland)
* Corrie van Binsbergen (Links, and the series “Writers in Concert”).