Tineke Postma is an internationally acknowleged active jazzsaxophonist. During her college years at the Conservatory of Amsterdam, she received two scolarships to study at the Manhattan School for Music in New York, where she was taught by Dick Oatts, David Liebman and Chris Potter. In 2003, Tineke gratuaded with Honors at the Conservatory of Amsterdam, where she has been teaching since 2005. Tineke plays energetic, modern jazz and is inspired by Wayne Shorter, Cannonball Adderly, John Coltrane, Miles Davis and other great legends, without ignoring her own creativity. The British Newspaper “The Evening Standard” called Tineke in 2009 “One of the leading ladies in Jazz”!
Read more articles
JAZZ (magazine) Dick Hovenga June 1, 2009 **** 1/2
• Every new album demonstrates that Tineke Postma
• ‘The Traveller’is a solid album which should give
• The ensemble playing is impeccable.
• The musicians offer the perfect base for Postma, who
exceeds herself once again. Her playing is one time warm
and sober, the next time lyrical and overwhelming.
JAZZISM (magazine) Coen de Jonge June 1, 2009 ****
• Tineke Postma recorded a glorious album in New York.
• On the CD “The Traveller” Tineke has obviously found
her own gracious style.
• The album radiates a great deal of confidence