All About Jazz needs your help and we have a deal. Pay $20 and we'll hide those six pesky Google ads that appear on every page, plus this box and the slideout box on the right for a full year! You'll also fund website expansion.
I want to help
• Born in Wiltshire and native of the Westcountry until September 1998.
• Classically trained in piano, oboe and double bass.
• Left school at 15 after being hospitalised with a serious illness.
• Only played double bass for one year at school and on leaving, took up rock bass guitar instead.
• Studied Film at Middlesex University from 1998 � 2001.
• Joined rock band Sodium65 in 1999 and cut her teeth on live performances at prestigious venues including the Hard Rock Café on Piccadilly, Sound Republic in Leicester Square, The Water Rats in Kings Cross and The Garage in Highbury. Air-play on London’s XFM and BBC Radio followed the release of their debut EP “Don’t You Dare”.
Upon hearing Vicky Tilson's debut album it struck me that she's just more than just a great bass player but also a composer to look out for in the near future. Her compositions give you the feeling of an elder statesman composer, or woman in her case. Having performed with her on a number of occasions over the past four years, I've been able to see her mature into the complete musician/composer she is today. So keep your eyes and ears open and welcome Vicky Tilson to the world jazz stage.
Tony Kofi - saxophonist
“I really enjoyed hearing Vicky Tilson's debut album, her compositions are warm and inviting and she's assembled a fine band of empathetic players
Tales from a...
The Vicky Tilson Quartet
Tales From a Forgotten City
Join the staff. Writers Wanted!
Develop a column, write album reviews, cover live shows, or conduct interviews.