Darius Jones, is an alto saxophonist, composer, and producer.
He joined the New York music community in 2005, after living and studying in Richmond, Va. Darius comes from a diverse musical background that has lead to his unique, alternative, and soulful approach to music. Jones has composed and performed in a wide variety of areas such as electro-acoustic music, chamber ensembles, contemporary jazz groups, avant-garde jazz groups, modern dance performances, and multi-media events.
Darius enjoys playing with a steady group of artists and improvisers. The current bands Jones works with are the Cooper-Moore Trio, Mike Pride’s From Bacteria to Boys, Nioka Workman’s House Arrest Band, William Hooker’s Bliss Quartet, Trevor Dunn’s Proof Readers, The Hub, Lewis Barnes' Hampton Roads, and Period....
- Big Gurl (Smell My Dream) by John Sharpe
- Big Gurl (Smell My Dream) by Troy Collins
- Big Gurl (Smell My Dream) by Nic Jones
- Cosmic Lieder by John Sharpe
- Man'ish Boy (A Raw & Beautiful Thing) by John Sharpe
- Man'ish Boy (A Raw & Beautiful Thing) by Andrey Henkin
4-Stars. Today, he demonstrates that his musical persona will not be easily pigeonholed. DOWNBEAT, Alain Drouot
Equally earthy and avant-garde .. intellectually stimulating [though] anything but academic ....